Ask yourself — or have your child ask — this question: “Do I like my smile?”
If the answer is no and orthodontics can help, then seeking treatment can be one of the best investments you’ll ever make. After all, a smile is a priceless, precious asset — one that lasts for a lifetime. And people who have corrective orthodontic treatment — at any age — are invariably glad they did.
It’s not just about appearance, either. “Malocclusions” or “bad bites”, can affect the way you chew, talk, or smile, and can even lead to more serious (and expensive) oral health problems. Here are some of the common conditions that can be corrected with orthodontic treatment:
- Crowded teeth – teeth are crooked, turned, or “overlapping”
- Overbite – the upper jaw or teeth are too far in front, or the lower too far back
- Underbite – the lower jaw or teeth are too far in front, or the upper too far back
- Overjet (Protrusion) – the upper teeth stick out and do not fit with the lower front teeth
- Spacing – teeth that have gaps or spaces between them